Wednesday, December 23, 2015

DIY McCalls Pattern 7243


Hey Ladies,

WOW its been a long minute but I'm back and better than ever. 

McCalls 7243 Description: Close-fitting, pullover top and dresses have collar, and stitched hems. Narrow hem finish on collar, and armholes A.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing? Yes, except mine is longer.

Pattern Difficulty: Easy

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes


What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? 
I love how the bodice fit closely to your body and love love the wide collar, No dislikes here!

Fabric Used: Black Ponte De Roma Knit and Faux Leather from Low Price Fabric which can be found here


Cut in Size: 20 

Fitting: Too Big


Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: I added 3 inches to the dress length because I wanted it below or right at my knees. I had to take it in 2 inches on both sides. I did not hem the collar.


Would you sew it again? Yes, already did! 


Would you recommend it to others? Yes! 


Conclusion: What's not to love about this great winter dress that fit close to the body or should I say curves beautifully.  

Accessories: Tharai Shoe Booties  



I'm very new to blogging but stay tuned, there will be more exciting things to come as I learn my way around in the blogging world.  









 









2 comments:

  1. Great looking dress! I like the faux leather and knit combination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda, I really wanted to do something different with it so I went with the faux leather and knot.

    ReplyDelete